Monday, February 1, 2010

Before I could continue writing this blog, I needed to grab a notepad and start writing down the names of all the boys and men who had entered into my life at some point and I realized, wow, I have had some bad luck in love, but thank god, I found the humor in each relationship and hopefully for each one I have learned a lesson. I also realized when this is all said and done, when all my secrets and love affairs are out in the open, I might need to change my name lol. Not all my stories are going to make me look good and this isn't about bashing anyone, that's why I am not using any of the guys names, this is more of the ups and then downs of dating and being single in this generation. These are my stories and I am not going to hold back while telling them. I will probably offend some and make the others blush. Hopefully, in the end, you will be laughing at my mistakes and share your dating mishaps with me. I am starting from the beginning, with my little crushes and my middle school boyfriends, hopefully by the time I get to the present I will find the humor in my relationship with arizona and hopefully, I will have a happy ending to write about, but time will tell........Enjoy

6th grade

To escape my mother's violent mood swings when I was younger, I started babysitting. It got to the point where I never saw my mother, which was perfect and the money I was making was nice to have until my mother opened up a bank account for me and I never saw the money again. I was basically paying my mother to let me go out and be a kid. I could play in the park, watch movies, do what I wanted all in the name of babysitting. After the kids were asleep, out came the phone. I would talk for the rest of the night to different boys from school. We would flirt for a couple of days, then they would ask me out. Of course I would always say yes and then get all giddy and not be able to sleep. The next day would come and I would step off the bus, there they would be waiting for me and I just didn't feel the connection anymore. They always seemed to be cuter on the phone, in real life they were just awkward, sweaty and showing the ugly side of just starting puberty. It was always so awkward and they never knew what to say. How could we talk all night about whatever middle school kids talk about and then they get all shy when their friends were around? By lunchtime I had broken up with them. Well, at least my friend had told them that we were broken up. I think this happened about three times until I started dating D*****. We made it a whole week. It was friday, and Morgan and I were staying after school to watch our boyfriends play football. Her boyfriend found us first and she kissed him good luck, D***** was still in the locker room. They then told me that I had to kiss D***** for good luck because that is what girlfriends do. He came out of the locker room and I broke up with him. I didn't stay around to see if they won or lost.
The next week, I was making out with Morgan's boyfriend, well, they were on again, off again and that week they were off. After about 45 minutes of making out, he had to go home for dinner and when he called the next day, I broke up with him. D***** starting calling my best friend Becca, they started dating, I think that lasted about a week . D***** became one of my really good friends even after moving to a different school, taking the bus to whatever city I was living in to visit for a hour or staying up all night just talking. We lost touch later when I moved to Ellensburg, I wish that I could remember his last name.

Lesson learned...............it was middle school, really? Does that count as dating. My first kiss was sloppy and that's why I broke up with him, I should have kissed D*****, anyways lesson learned and I still stand by it. If the kiss is bad, it's not going to get better, RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment