Monday, February 1, 2010

Blogs, such a funny thing. My life and emotions all on a page for the world to see. Here I go.......My friend and I decided to write a book, I tell my story and she will use her magic to create something, hopefully. This is my rough draft. My first story.............but this isn't how it ended in my fairytales.


My first love was when I was 5, he was my best friend. We used to pretend we were getting married and then go play in the dirt. It was a perfect first love. Even if we were grounded, we still could play together since his mom and mine were best friends. Eating cereal in our underwear and watching transformers was our usual weekend date. Then one day, I came home crying. I had ended it with ****. I couldn't marry him, I just couldn't after what he told me. My mom was trying to get me to tell her what was wrong and when the tears and sobbing finally stopped, I told her that I couldn't marry him because he told me that he was going to be a truck driver when he grew up, and I could not marry a truck driver. We still remained friends and still ate our cereal together but we no longer pretended to get married, I just couldn't.
Years later, I went to his house to hide from my grandparents, I needed a scarf or something to hide the teenage love marks forming on my neck. We listened to guns and roses and laughed about our childhood and how someday, since he didn't want to be a truck driver, that it would be funny if we got married. I got sent to boarding school about a year later and when I returned he was a coyboy, still my friend, but a cowboy. Wranglers and ripped babydoll dresses just don't go together. The last time I saw him, he was wearing a suit and holding hands with a girl in white. I congratulated them and then told her how she had stole my first love. We both laughed, I bought them a drink. He is still happily married and has two beautiful children. I am very happy that the little boy in under-roos that I once loved, got that happy ending.

Lesson learned.............................I still won't marry a truck driver, so I really am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment